Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Married Children

Josh is our first child and has always been a great example to his younger siblings. From what I'm learning now, he also teased them quite a bit. I love listening to them tell on each other now that they are old enough not to get into trouble. He has always been a great student being very conscientious about his assignments. When he was a little boy he would read everything he could get his hands on. He didn't just read stories...he read information books on everything. He played basketball, football and baseball and ran cross country in high school. He and his brothers and his dad still like to play 2 on 2 basketball in the yard. Now that the girls are older it has turned into 3 on 3 games. Josh is very dependable and trustworthy. Josh is an Eagle Scout and went on a mission to Chile. He graduated from BYU last year and is living in San Antonio with his wife, Cari. They recently bought their first house and their first dog! I don't know much about Cari's childhood and youth. I do know that at their wedding reception, I had several people tell us that we got their town's "best"! At least two sets of parents said they wanted her for their sons. I also know she plays the piano and several other instruments. And I know from being around her that she is also very dependable and trustworthy. I really appreciate Josh and Cari and love them very much!

Jordan is our third son. He was 11 pounds when he was born and looked like a little football player. Not much has changed, he still looks like a football player. He was always so cute...ladies would stop me at the store to tell me how cute he was. Jordan is a very capable student...starting in kindergarten. His teacher asked everyone how far they could count and had the students demonstrate. When it was his turn, the teacher stopped him at 106 (the other students were good to get to 20). Jordan was headed for ten thousand. He loved to read, play and watch sports, and play board games. He still does. He played football, basketball, and threw shot put and discus during high school. He also participated in a community youth theater. His best part was Tevya in Fiddler on the Roof. He did such a good job even I was amazed. People laughed and cried. I even forgot I was watching Jordan and thought I was watching Tevya. He is also an Eagle Scout and went on a mission to the Philippines. He is currently attending BYU and lives in Provo with his wife, Mandy. Like Cari, I don't know much about Mandy's youth and childhood, but I do know that the people in her hometown think very highly of her. At their wedding reception we heard nothing but compliments about Mandy and her family. Mandy is very frugal and is helping their little family stay out of debt and get ready for children. They are expecting their first baby May 31st. Mandy and Jordan take good care of each other. I'm happy they found each other and love them more than they know!

If you want to get to know them better go to http://joshandcari.blogspot.com/ and http://jordanandmandypotter.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Potters said...
This comment has been removed by the author.